Monday, September 11, 2006

God's promises and my faith

I'm going to be totally honest with you. I sometimes catch myself doubting while I'm praying. When I think about it - it's just rediculous! I know in my heart that God is ALMIGHTY. He is the one who is in control of the whole universe. He is greater than I can ever fathom.
Still I have my moments of doubt. That's when verses like these are great to read. They remind me whom I'm praying to and that there is no need to doubt... Everything I pray for may not happen, but if I pray in faith, believing that God is able - ANYTHING can happen! Remember this: when you pray you are not praying to some weak little god, you are praying to the Creator of the universe, the Author of life!

1 John 5 14-15:
And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him.
Mark 11 22-25:
"Have faith in God," Jesus answered. "I tell you the truth, if anyone says to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him. Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours. And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
James 1 5-8:
If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, because he who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That man should not think he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all he does.
So this is what I take from these verses: When I pray I need to believe! And if what I pray for is according to God's will... then it WILL happen! Some things are easy to know are according to God's will, others are not... but all I have to say is:
Pray with great faith and great things will happen!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home