Monday, August 04, 2008

Just amazing!

This weekend I went to Kotmót, a Christian conference that is held during this long weekend at the beginning of August here in Iceland. I spent the Saturday there with my father and my sister. In the evening there were a couple praise and worship meetings and I went home SO refreshed! I think the highlight of my weekend was hearing the story behind and singing the song Healer. I felt so surrounded by the Love of God, like He was pulling me close again. Just take a look at the following video and you'll understand:



This summer has been a dry season in my spiritual life. I've felt very empty and I've not spent much time studying the Word of God or praying for that matter. I was so distanced from God and I didn't even realize just how dried out I was until I was at these worship meetings, especially when singing that one song. All I want is to be close to my Father in Heaven, living each day in His will, feeling His presence. There is nothing better than that! Below I've posted a video with the performance of the whole song:

4 Comments:

Blogger Dagný said...

Þetta lag er eitt það mesta anointed lag sem ég hef nokkurn tíma heyrt.

En vissiru að kvöldið sem hann söng lagið á album recording... þá braut hann 5 bein bara af því að standa þarna og syngja lagið.

En hann hélt ótrauður áfram... sem mér finnst vera snilld og þvílíkt testimony yfir hversu mikinn styrk hann fær frá Guði...

Þetta lag og The Desert song eru uppáhalds lögin mín á nýja disknum... það er líka ótrúleg saga á bakvið það...but I'll save it for later hehe

3:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

While you may feel that you have distanced yourself from God, I have every faith that He hasn't distanced Himself from you. He is a little more loving of His children than that. And, He waits, so patiently, He awaits. :)

10:29 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

That story and that song both brought tears to my eyes. Just amazing is the right title for this entry. And just as amazing is the truth that God is holding on to you - whatever happens, he will not stop being your Father - even if you distance yourself from him for a while, He is near.
Thanks for sharing this, Katrin. Stay close to Jesus!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

It turns out that Mike Guglielmucci is not suffering form cancer at all... read this:

====== QUOTE ======

HE preached to thousands about his terminal illness and tugged at hearts with a hit song.

The problem is the pastor wasn't dying at all

Michael Guglielmucci, who inspired hundreds of thousands of young Christians with his terminal cancer "battle", has been exposed as a fraud.

Guglielmucci, whose parents established Edge Church International, an Assemblies of God church at O'Halloran Hill in Adelaide's southern suburbs, now is seeking professional help.

Earlier this year, Mr Guglielmucci released a hit song, Healer , which was featured on Sydney church Hillsong's latest album.

The song debuted at No. 2 on the ARIA charts.

It since has become an anthem of faith for believers, many of whom are suffering their own illness and were praying for a miracle for Mr Guglielmucci, who has claimed for two years to be terminally ill.

In one church performance that has attracted 300,000 hits on YouTube, he performs his hit song with an oxygen tube in his nose.

It appears Mr Guglielmucci, who was a pastor with one of Australia's biggest youth churches, Planetshakers, may even have deceived his own family.

====== END QUOTE ======

This is a sad story. You and I thought that this man was honestly singing about his illness and pain - and so did many people - but now it turns out that he was lying about this. Let's not throw stones at him, but pray for healing of his MIND and SOUL.

10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home