Sunday, October 09, 2005

Camp with KSS

I just got back from camp with KSS (Kristileg skólasamtök). It was great! There were about 50 kids there... Ok, let me rephrase that: There were about 50 young people there ;o) The place was BEAUTIFUL! I'll try to post some of the picks I took... It's not working now for some reason.

We had meetings in the evenings and Biblestudies in the mornings. The theme was as you already know "The Prayer of Jabez". What a great prayer that is. I think I'll just post it here:

Jabez cried out to the God of Israel,
"Oh, that you would bless me
and enlarge my territory!
Let your hand be with me,
and keep me from harm
so that I will be free from pain."
And God granted his request.
(1 Chronicles 4:10)

If you haven't read the book about this prayer I recommend that you do. It's a short book, easy to read AND it's really good - "The Prayer of Jaebes" by Bruce Wilkinson.

When I first read that prayer I wondered what was so wonderful about it... I kinda thought it was a selfish prayer... (shows you how much I have left to learn!) How often do I pray: Heavenly Father, will you bless ME... I don't think I've done that very often. I need to do that though, cause how can I be a blessing to others if I don't receive blessing from God first?

"... enlarge my territory..." I didn't really know what that meant until this weekend. That is a powerful prayer, and a hard one for me. This is a prayer about oppertunities and new experiences. When I pray this I'm asking God to help me see new oppertunities and new ways to do things so that I may grow in faith and as a person. So I'm asking God to help me step out of my comfort zone... it's scary and sometimes I don't like it at all, but I know it's the only way to grow in life.

These two things are just a little bit of what I learned :o) Most importantly I was reminded about how important prayer is! Through prayer I give God access to my life so that He can do extraordinary things in me and through me. That's what it's all about!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blogs are always so thought-provoking and just really centered on God- that is awesome! I'm so glad the camp went well.

Guess what?! I'm coming to visit you!!! he he

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home