Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Things said

My teacher is a Darwinist with a BIG D. He throws out statements about this and that, and most of the time I just think it is funny. Some of the things he's said are:

"The Creator was not perfect... he was just trowing something together!"
(Kinda like a kid playing with mudd or something)

"I think God is lazy... he keeps things so simple."
(Referring to how simple some things are in the anatomy)

"Some science books are full of nonsense... just like the Bible!"
This last thing he said today. I didn't say anything, just thought to myself... "well, that's your opinion and nothing I say will change that." When I think about it... what would I think about the Bible if I wasn't a Christian? If I just read it like every other book I read? There are a lot of things in the Bible I don't understand and some things I don't know why are there... but I know it is the Word of God. Because of that nothing in the Bible is complete nonsense to me. But so many things would sound like nonsense if I didn't believe there is a God who can do the most extraordinary things and even really weird things... like tons of miracles that are recorded there. But the thing is: The Bible is no sciense book and was never intended to be one!

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagný said...

Amen!

It also depends on what version of the Bible you read. Like I don't understand half of the stuff in icelandic version but when I read it in the NIV or NLT then it's SOOOOOOO much easier to understand. :)
But yeah the Bible was never intended to be a science book! LOL

God is amazing! :)

5:28 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

I agree with Dagny. The Icelandic Bible doesn't make any sense to me either :)

But seriously... I advice you to read I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist by Geisler & Turek, published by Crossway ISBN 1-58134-561-5. It is a great read! Smile to your teacher and pray for him when he says things like that. Remember this man is only dust... He needs God's mercy just like we need to be forgiven for all the stupid things we say and do.

For as the heavens are high above the earth, so great is His mercy toward those who fear Him; As far as the east is from the west, so far He has removed our transgressions from us. As a father pities his children, so the Lord pities those who fear Him. For He knows our frame; He remembers that we are dust. (Ps. 103:11-14 New King James)

Blessings from the Netherlands!

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home