Thursday, August 18, 2005

Kicked by a horse!!!

Hey there! Time for an update, don't you think?
So, let's start with the vacation in Lanzarote! It was amazing. We rented a car for 3 days and drove around the island and saw most of what there was to see there. We went to different parks including a waterpark. The waterpark was a bit of a dissappointment. It was small and not very clean. But we had fun anyway. Playing in the water taking different wateslides is great fun! I'm such a kid - I know! We also took a camel ride... man, that was such a laugh! One day we went diving. I was kinda nervous getting into the water cause I felt a little clostrophobic breathing under water wearing all that gear! But I got over it and had a great time under water :) We also did a little shopping :) What a surprise, huh? Other than that we just spent time by the pool, walking around town or along the beach. The surroundings were so beautiful and the hotel was luxurious! Walking along the sea in the evenings was so cosy and nice. Warm moonlit nights... sigh... It was almost perfect - only one thing missing... a boyfriend... Haha! Well, it would have been nice.
The two weeks at camp were fun too, but it was hard work. We woke the girls up in the middle of the night to do a survivor game, had none stop program from morning till night. It was a blast. The girls had fun and they also got a chance to learn a lot about God. We had biblestudies in the mornings and short talks at night plus we used games to teach them too. So the girls actually learned what it means to live a life with Jesus through games and fun as well. I think that's so great.

About the heading of this post... hehe! Let me tell you. Last Wednesday I went horseback riding with my friend Berglind who also worked at the camp. We went with this group of French tourists and a few Icelandic girls. I wasn't really off to a great beginning... the saddle was too lose so within five minutes my saddle started sliding and I sat on the side of the horse instead of ontop. I pulled and tried to stop but it just followed the other horses. Finally it stopped and just as it did I fell off cause I couldn't hold on anymore. After the saddle had been properly adjusted I got on again. Everything went well and we enjoyed our ride... until the horse in front of me got annoyed with my horse and kicked. Ofcourse it hit my shin in stead of my horse! The funny thing is that I didn't realise how bad it was cause I got numb right away. I just thought - Man, now I'll get a bruise! But I was wrong about that one - after about 5 minutes it really started to hurt and when we finally stopped to take a break I checked my leg. I got a nice cut down to the bone and had to have 3-4 stitches. What a fun horse ride! Adventurous to say the least.
Well, that's all for now. Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home