Saturday, September 23, 2006

What if...

It's way past midnight on a Friday and I'm sitting here at my desk typing away on my computer... my fingers run across the keyboard at a good pace. What amazes me is that I don't really think about what key which finger should hit. It just kinda flows. Pretty cool when you think about it, huh?

Do you ever stop to think how amazing it is that day after day, year after year our heart pumps at a pretty steady rate. We breathe without really thinking about it. Imagine if we'd have to think about each heart beat and every breath we take. It would be tough just to stay alive!

What if we could actually HEAR everything that went on in our body. Imagine if all the cells of the body made sounds while doing their "job". Imagine if nerve signals sounded like thunder, the blood sounded like a waterfall, the heart beating sounded like this huge machinery... It would be hard to hear anything else at all! We'd probably wish we were deaf.

Luckily that's not how it is. We live without having to worry about forgetting to breathe or make our heart beat. And our body seems to work pretty quietly.

Random thoughts on a Friday night? Yea, I'd say so... Am I bored? Hmmm... What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home