Sunday, December 17, 2006

It was foretold... in so much detail!

Stop for a moment. Have you ever thought about it? The birth of Jesus Christ wasn't just foretold, it was foretold in so much detail! Hundreds of years before it happened prophecies were told, and they were fulfilled! Just look at this:

Mary, who was a virgin, became pregnant through the Holy Spirit:
Isaiah 7:14 -- Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign: Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

The birth of Jesus:
Isaiah 9:6 -- For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Jesus was a descendant of Jesse, David's father:
Isaiah 11:1 -- And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots.

When Jesus was around 2 years old Herod ordered that all children up to 2 years old were to be killed:
Jeremiah 31:15 -- Thus saith the LORD; A voice was heard in Ramah, lamentation, and bitter weeping; Rachel weeping for her children refused to comforted for her children, because they were not.

Jesus was born in Bethlehem:
Micah 5:2 -- But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

These are just prophecies around his birth... they are not nearly as many as prophecies about his adult life, his ministry, crucifiction and resurrection. But that's something I'll touch upon later... maybe around easter ;) hehe.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Qur'an ("Qor-Ann") is a Message from Allah to humanity. It was transmitted to us in a chain starting from the Almighty Himself (swt) to the angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad (saas). This message was given to the Prophet (saas) in pieces over a period spanning approximately 23 years (610 CE to 622 CE). The Prophet (saas) was 40 years old when the Qur'an began to be revealed to him, and he was 63 when the revelation was completed. The language of the original message was Arabic, but it has been translated into many other languages.

A book which we have revealed to you (Muhammad) so that you may lead the people from out of the darknesses into the light by their Lord's leave to the path of the All-Mighty, the Praiseworthy." [Qur'an 14:1]

Translations of the Qur'an, Chapter 19: 16-36
MARYAM (MARY)

And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East, And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our Spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a perfect man. She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art Allah-fearing. He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son. She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste? He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained. And she conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a far place. And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm-tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this and had become a thing of naught, forgotten! Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee, And shake the trunk of the palm-tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee. So eat and drink and be consoled. And if thou meetest any mortal, say: Lo! I have vowed a fast unto the Beneficent, and may not speak this day to any mortal. Then she brought him to her own folk, carrying him. They said: O Mary! Thou hast come with an amazing thing. O sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot. Then she pointed to him. They said: How can we talk to one who is in the cradle, a young boy? He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet, And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and almsgiving so long as I remain alive, And (hath made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest. Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive! Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt. It befitteth not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is. And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path.


The Qur'an speaks the truth indepth concerning the birth of Jesus. Here you will find no fabrications.

Also, how can Jesus be God or the son of God when Jesus was born just like you and I? For this statement to be of any truth then we have to say God was also born through the vagina, as you and I and have parents (well since God is a clean and pure God and no being existed before Him then this isn't true). Now, this is an untrue statement as with Jesus being God or the son of God.

2:50 AM  
Blogger Katrín said...

I believe the Bible is the infallable Word of God and that Jesus is the Son of God.

I do not believe that the Bible is fabricated in any way. Through out the centuries people have tried to disproove the Scriptures or find something that will show that is not true, but they have yet to succed. In fact archaeology confirms the biblical accounts in more than 25,000 sites connected to Biblical history.

Reading through the Bible, looking at the prophecies about the Messiah, especially about the events leading up to His death on the cross is proof enough to me (aside from what I've experienced throughout my life). No man would ever be able to "plot" anything like that. If you read the prophecies and their fulfilment you'll see what I mean. Here is a site that lists prophecies and their fulfilment: http://www.messiahrevealed.org/

God is eternal, and His plan for our salvation was there before the creation of the earth.

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home