Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Merry Christmas!

It is Christmas! Can you believe it?! I hope you are having a great Christmas!

Today a thought that popped into my head just blew me away!

On Christmas day my family and I go to two BIG family parties, first we see my mom's side of the family at my grandparents' house and then we see my dad's side of the family at my other grandmother's house (grandfather passed away many years ago). When I say big, I mean BIG. Both my parents have 5 siblings and they all have families ;) Get the picture? Anyways! All this to say... as I was sitting there enjoying my Christmas cookies and watching my extended family having fun together it just struck me... WOW! God has blessed me with all these people. I am a part of a huge family, we are close and always have fun when we get together. I know there are a lot of people out there that have broken families, broken homes. Christmas must be a tough time for some people just because it's considered a family celebration... I realised that I have taken, not just my family, but my awesome and big extended family for granted!!! They truly are a shower of blessings from God. I love them all and thank God for the way He's put all these people together into a big extended family around me :) I am privileged!

Just to give you an idea of how big my family is... Here are the grandkids on my mother's side of the family (and there should be 2 more! They are just in Ethiopia.):

On my dad's side of the family we are just as many grandkids and then just add 5 great-grand kids!!! ;)

As you enjoy this Christmas season I hope you open up your eyes to the many blessings in YOUR life! Maybe you'll see something that just blows you away ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, your cousins look like they know how to have fun! I think it's great that so many are where you are so you can grow together. That means you will have a very secure future with plenty of people to lean on for support and love. That is truly a blessing!

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home