Saturday, August 25, 2007

Being a Christian health care worker

The weekend of September 14-16 will be a weekend of sharing and learning about what it means to be a Christian health care worker. If you are a medical student or a nursing student here in Iceland this is open to YOU!
A group of Norwegian medical students will be joining us, taking part in the program. Some Icelandic doctors and nurses will also be there to share their experience with us. We will talk about tough ethical situations we might encounter when we start working in the hospitals, hear about how others dealt with such situations and focus on how Jesus met people who were sick or in need.
Let's get ready to dig deep and listen to what God has to say to us in His word!

And just some practical information:
We will be meeting at Háaleitisbraut 58 (Kristniboðssalurinn).
The first meeting will be on Friday night.
I will put the program for the whole weekend here once it is ready, so stay tuned!
If you are in any kind of medical studies, YOU ARE WELCOME!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, I am so proud of you! I wish you the best with this project, I know you will be blessed and your efforts will be rewarded. Our Lord knew what He was doing when He pushed you (nicely) down the path to medical school. You, my dearest friend, are a healer in or out of medicine.
Blessuð!
Me! -RDZ

10:56 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

I guess I am not really qualified. I am not a doctor (but I have been a patient several times), I am not living in Norway and Iceland (but I have some relatives in Scandinavia)... but I am a Christian and I am happy with people like you who take care of people like me. May God bless you and give you wisdom. Blessings from the Netherlands.

9:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so ecited about what I am reading. I am not a doctor but admire those in that job.

As a disciple of Jesus I am thrilled to see people like you going out into the world and being an extension of Jesus healing hand.

12:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home