Friday, January 21, 2005

In control?

So much for trying to keep things under my control and not getting stressed out... Last night I got overwhelmed by everything I have to get into my head within the next 2-3 weeks. This is not the first time something like this happens... let's just say I have a special gift when it comes to worrying! Name a thing I can worry about and I probably will. I know, I know! I'm working on not worrying so much. I guess I'm just a slow learner in this area. Things usually work out fine and I'll see that my worrying was just a waste of time. I just need to remind myself about that.

Here is a quote a friend of mine shared with me a while back:

"There's no point in worrying about things out of your control, 'cause you have no control over them and there's no sense in worrying about things under your control, 'cause you have control over them, so there's no sense in worrying."

And then there is this really great book I have, that always seems to have something great to say in every situation:

"Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to this life? ... Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Every day has enough trouble of its own." (Matthew 6:27,34)

Ahhh! Now I feel better :D No need to worry, it's a waste of time and it's not fun either. If you are worrying.... DON'T!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home