Friday, October 28, 2005

My thoughts exactly!

WOW is all I can say! God has spoken to me through people, His Word and lately a lot through music. I wish I could play you this song here so you could just sit back and enjoy... but I don't know how to do stuff like that. So you'll just have to read the lyrics. The amazing thing is that it describes EXACTLY what's been going through my head lately...

Who am I

I've tried to wrap my mind around the thought of You
I stretched myself so far I nearly come unglued
You hold the universe inside your hands
Still You thought of me
I can't believe
Is there no limit to Your love for me
As shallow as this selfish heart can be
You are the maker of reality
And I stand in awe
You are God

Who am I
To understand your ways
Who am I
To give you anything but praise
Who am I
To try and solve the mystery
Behind the heart and soul of all that I believe
Who am I

You're every reason for my heart to hope
Creator of the things I've yet to know
You are the river for my thirsty soul
You are my desire
You are God

Who am I
To understand your ways
Who am I
To give you anything but praise
Who am I
To try and solve the mystery
Behind the heart and soul of all that I believe
Who am I

I am your child
I will follow,
Who am I
You gave your life
For my tomorrow
(Point of Grace)

Every single line in that song comes straight from my heart! I try to understand more of God, and it's breath taking. I catch myself being selfish... praying selfish prayers... thinking only of what I want... God holds the whole UNIVERSE in His hands, but still He thinks of ME. Little tiny me... WOW! What else can I do but stand in awe?

I'll be honest with you... Sometimes I even try to figure God out. Sound crazy? Well, it is! It's impossible! Cause who am I to try to understand God's ways?! What I need to do is just trust in Him because He'll bring me where I need to go...
The best part is... He holds my future in His hands! So I don't have anything to fear because God is with me all the way!
You're every reason for my heart to hope
Creator of the things I've yet to know

1 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Castleman said...

This was an amazing post.

I was getting on my computer to do some work. After reading this I had to just go to my bedroom and pray to God.

Sometimes I can walk around and actually forget to thank God for so many things. So this was a great reminder for me today.

8:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home