Thursday, November 10, 2005

Strange memory...

These last few days we've had a guest at our house. He and I used to be in the same grade in Ethiopia. We dug up some old videos and pictures and talked about old times... It's really great. We have tons of fun stories and great experiences from our time there.

One memory is kind of strange... We saw a videoclip where our parents were waiting for the school cars to come through the gates in Awasa for school-break. Watching it brought back memories of how it all felt. All us the students at the boarding school were driven to this town, Awasa where our parents picked us up. I was only 7 years old. We drove through the gates and a group of parents were waiting for us. The car doors opened but none of us ran out to our parents, we just slowly made our way out... strange? I don't know... maybe. The thing is that I was actually shy with my own parents and so were many of the other kids. My mom hugged me but I just looked down at the ground. I was happy to see my family but at the same time I was shy and didn't know how to react...

Anyways... I just thought that was an interesting memory.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home