Friday, November 25, 2005

Thanksgiving!

Some of my friends are probably celebrating thanksgiving right now... So, I thought I'd post something along those lines.
Giving thanks. Do we do that enough? I know I don't! There are so many things to be thankful for each and every day! I need to start doing that more.... Cause when I do that I get this deep feeling of joy... I can see God's provision and care almost everywhere... I just need to stop and look around. Have you taken the time to do that?
So here's something that caught my eye:
Be thankful
Be thankful that you don't already have everything you desire.
If you did, what would there be to look forward to?
Be thankful when you don't know something,
for it gives you the opportunity to learn.
Be thankful for the difficult times.
During those times you grow.
Be thankful for your limitations,
because they give you opportunities for improvement.
Be thankful for each new challenge,
because it will build your strength and character.
Be thankful for your mistakes.
They will teach you valuable lessons.
Be thankful when you're tired and weary,
because that means you've made a difference.
It's easy to be thankful for the good things.
A life rich of fulfillment comes to those who
are also thankful for the setbacks.
Gratitude can turn a negative into a positive.
Find a way to be thankful for your troubles,
and they can become your blessings.
Unknown
I'd like to end this post by a great verse. It's the verse of the day at BibleGateway:
"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."
So that's my plan... to overflow with thankfulness! It's not always easy... but remember that we can be thankful for the good times AND the bad/hard... just like an Unknown wise person said!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Það er yndislegt að lesa skrifin þín! Mikil uppörvun í þeim :D takk fyrir að vera til... :*

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home