Thursday, May 25, 2006

Fun at the hospital

This week at the hospital is really great. We follow the doctors around and they explain what's going on and what is wrong with the patients. I am learning a lot and having such a good time. I have to say the doctors we've been with are really great. The reception we've got is very nice and they are very positive and willing to teach us. Makes it even more fun. I hate when I feel like I'm only in the way. Luckily it hasn't been like that this week at all :)

Yesterday Kristín and I got to watch while one of the doctors did a bone marrow biopsy. Man the needle she used was HUGE! It was interesting to see how it's done. On the pics below you can see the size of the needle and where the bone marrow is taken from...


The bigger one is the one the doctor used. (I think the smaller one is for biopsies from the sternum.)

Specimen taken from the hip right beneath the lower back (Christa Iliaca).

Yup, med school is great! :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Dagný said...

vá! ... þú færð að horfa á í alvöru það sem ég horfi á í "house" haha!
Ég held að ég yrði nú samt frekar smeik að horfa á eða að taka sjálf svona bone marrow biopsy...frekar scary stuff! hehe

En gaman samt að þú skemmtir þér vel :)

4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home