Saturday, April 29, 2006

What can I bring to God?

What does God want? What can I bring to Him? On good days I could give Him praise and thanks for everything. But what about when I feel broken and like a failure, when I know I've done wrong? Can I bring Him anything?

16 You do not delight in sacrifice, or I would bring it;
you do not take pleasure in burnt offerings.

17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit;
a broken and contrite heart,
O God, you will not despise.
-Psalm 51

14 Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
fulfill your vows to the Most High,

15 and call upon me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.
-Psalm 50

Sacrifice thank offerings... Thanks offerings on a good day, would you call that a sacrifice? Maybe, but it's easy to give thanks on a good day. Giving thanks in hard times... now that I can really see as a sacrifice. Just thinking about the word sacrifice - it is something that is hard to do, right?

8 The LORD detests the sacrifice of the wicked,
but the prayer of the upright pleases him.
-Proverbs 15


As far as I can see I can still bring something to God on my bad days. God is pleased when I come to Him in prayer, even when all I have to bring is a broken spirit and a broken heart. God does not despise that. I can bring the broken pieces or my life to God and He'll put it back together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home