Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Who am I to question God?!

Here are a few pretty cool verses I want you to read. If you wonder if God is in control or not... please read! I believe this will answer your question:

"The LORD kills and makes alive; He brings down to the grave and brings up. {7} The LORD makes poor and makes rich; He brings low and lifts up. {8} He raises the poor from the dust And lifts the beggar from the ash heap, To set them among princes And make them inherit the throne of glory. "For the pillars of the earth are the Lord's, And He has set the world upon them. {9} He will guard the feet of His saints, But the wicked shall be silent in darkness. "For by strength no man shall prevail.
(1 Samuel 2:6-9 NKJV)
The earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness, The world and those who dwell therein.
(Psalms 24:1 NKJV)
The LORD has made all for Himself, Yes, even the wicked for the day of doom.
(Proverbs 16:4 NKJV)
For Jacob My servant's sake, And Israel My elect, I have even called you by your name; I have named you, though you have not known Me. {5} I am the LORD, and there is no other; There is no God besides Me. I will gird you, though you have not known Me, {6} That they may know from the rising of the sun to its setting That there is none besides Me. I am the LORD, and there is no other; {7} I form the light and create darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things.' {8} "Rain down, you heavens, from above, And let the skies pour down righteousness; Let the earth open, let them bring forth salvation, And let righteousness spring up together. I, the LORD, have created it. {9} "Woe to him who strives with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth! Shall the clay say to him who forms it, 'What are you making?' Or shall your handiwork say, 'He has no hands'?
(Isaiah 45:4-9 NKJV)
The creation questioning the creator... wow, how silly is that when you think about it! The clay asking the potter: "What do you think you are doing? Why are you doing it like that?" I needed that reminder today. God is the Creator. I am His creation and I can rest in the knowledge that He knows EXACTLY what He's doing :) He's forming my life... I may not always understand how or why He does it this or the other way, but I know that EVERYTHING has it's purpose in shaping my life according to His will, making me the person He wants me to be.
In Him also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of His will, {12} that we who first trusted in Christ should be to the praise of His glory.
(Ephesians 1:11-12 NKJV)


Now, what do you think... Is God really in control? If you ask me there is no doubt! He is in control, ALWAYS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home