Wednesday, October 18, 2006

wait....

“Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.”- Psalm 27:14

Wait... I really don't like that word very much. Does anyone really like waiting? I guess it depends on the situation. If you are waiting to go in to the doctor's office... or waiting for the results from a test... then maybe you'd rather just get it over with and not wait. Waiting can be nerve wrecking. Or... if you are waiting to meet someone that you haven't met in a long time the waiting can be full of anticipation and excitement. Then there's also the situation where someone is late and maybe you've waited so long that you are just impatient and tired.

Wait...

That word implies that something is going to happen... you are WAITING for something to happen, someone to come, the results to appear... SOMETHING. There are a lot of situations in life where we need to wait and there are so many different feelings connected to that... nervousness, anticipation, excitement, impatience, fear, restlessness, happiness... I could go on and on. All this just because I read that verse. But just think about it... What does it mean to wait for the Lord? I know that God teaches me patience through waiting. It's when I don't want to be patient that it gets tough! Sometimes I just don't want to wait. I just want whatever God is having me wait for to happen NOW... yea, that's me being impatient. Being impatient is not fun either - so maybe I should just wait in patience. Like I said... the fact that I'm waiting for the Lord implies that something IS going to happen... it's just a matter of when ;o) That is pretty exciting.

Hmmm... maybe noone understands exactly what I'm saying in this post, but that's ok... just wait, and maybe it'll come to you! Haha

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Katrín, this was really encouraging for me. Think I am a little bit like you, can´t wait to see what life brings or what God brings to my life. Can´t wait, but it is also a choice to start to live today as I want to live tomorrow.
Hanna

10:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katrín! Great post. Just wanted to bring Psalm 130 to your attention. Blessings!

9:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home