Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Have you seen God today?

A friend of mine has a habit of asking this question. I think it is a very good thing to contemplate. Where did I see God today, in what situation? Not only that... how about if I live each day looking for God throughout the day. I think that would really shed a different light on a lot of things. Maybe I would hear His subtle whisper then. I think that we often miss what God is saying to us simply because we don't listen carefully enough, becaues we don't look hard enough... or maybe we quite frankly just look in the wrong places. Sometimes I think we look for what we WANT to hear or see. God doesn't always do things the way we expect or want Him to. I think that most of the time He does things in ways we don't expect Him to. At least with me, He has a way of plesantly surprising me, even in the little things.

So, where did I see God today? I saw God in His beautiful creation. I went for a run and noticed how all the trees have turned green with leaves in only 2 weeks. Other trees are covered in flowers in different colors. Nature is coming back to life after a long winter... God is amazing.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.b2.is/?sida=tengill&id=235470

8:50 PM  
Blogger Katrín said...

A reply to the comment above:

I'm sorry that's the way you see things. God is anything but an imaginary friend to me. I've experienced too many incredible things to be able to deny His existence. God is very real.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen Katrin...

Sadly, most of those people who deny God's existence have been brainwashed to think that way. Either that, or they are just blocking their ears and closing their eyes. But, they are without excuse as Romans 1:20 points out.

They are being willfully ignorant.

God bless..

9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katrin, this is Juanma from Spain:
That thought of watching and feeling a bit of God sorrounding us is so beautiful and so powerful, that for those that don´t want to feel HIM they must do a great effort in order to silence the clear voice of the Creator trough the creation.
A hug from Castellon,
Juanma.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home