Thursday, May 10, 2007

Prophecies fulfilled right in front of our eyes!

Prophecies are cool, I like them a lot and they are exciting. Especially ones that are yet to be fulfilled! It's exciting to watch them unfold. Maybe you don't believe in prophecies or think that they are "out dated". Well, let me show you something really cool then... It happened a while ago, but I think it's really neat and an obvious fulfillment of this prophecy.

In 1948 Israel became a nation again, and YES it was foretold... just read the following verses. (As you may know Israel is often referred to as God's people.)

Ezekiel 36:
24'For I will take you out of the nations; I will gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. 25 I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. 26 I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. 27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. 28 You will live in the land I gave your forefathers; you will be my people, and I will be your God.

Cool, huh?

3 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

"Then He said to them, "These are My words which I spoke to you, while I was still with you, that everything written about Me in the law of Moses and the prophets and the psalms must be fulfilled." Then He opened their minds to understand the Scriptures" (Luke 24:44-45 RSV)

Yeah, I love prophecies too! I am excited about all the things that are written in the Old Testament, pointing to our Lord. Just one example: compare the story of two criminals that were jailed with Joseph and the story of Jesus hangnig on the cross. Think about BREAD and WINE / BODY and SPIRIT and get very excited about the power of the Word!
Think about Joseph becoming KING and imaginge his brothers (who sold him for silver coins - where did I read that before?) finally recognizing Him. Talking about thing yet to be: Jesus prayed for forgiveness (For they know not what they are doing). What do you think: did God answer this prayer? If so, does that hold a promise for the future of Jesus' brothers - the people of Israel - when they will recognize the King and realize what they' (and WE) have done to Him?

12:15 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Sorry for the typos

12:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes it is exciting to see these things brought about before our eyes. The Lord is moving.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home