Friday, September 28, 2007

The 4th year... the year many of us will cry?


We had one of the 5th year medical students come and talk to us today after school. He was basically just telling us what we are haeaded for this year, what books are recommended and how the 4th year works. And then he said:

"You may have heard it said that no one gets through medical school without crying... well, the 4th year is that year for many medical students!"

I guess we're in for a ride on a roller coaster! It will be scary at times, it might even make some of us cry, but boy will it be a rush as we take this ride for the first time! We don't know exactly what to expect or how it is going to be, we've only heard stories from the people who already went on the ride! I think it's going to be exciting. I'm sure I will have many stories to tell about how I made a fool of myself, but it is all a part of the learning process! Let's just hope I can keep the tears to myself if it ever comes to that this year ;o)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hat are your biggest fears? What do you expect to be the greatest hardships.

Med school throughout the west seems to be so extremely difficult.

2:46 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Be optimistic! Crying is OK - but don't forget to laugh, please ;-)
I remember that in my first year (History and Dutch teacher's education) they told us to look around in class and imagine that most of the fellow students wouldn't make it to the end of this study. That was the time that I made up my mind: I will finish this study - whatever happens. AND I DID.

7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home