Sunday, October 07, 2007

Camp with 100 tenagers! So fun!

I had a wonderful weekend with about 100 teenagers in Vatnaskógur. It was the youth group's "fall-camp" or haustskólamót as we call it in Icelandic. God is doing some amazing things in these kids' lives and it was such a blessing to be a part of this weekend. Lots of singing, learning, sharing and hanging out in this BEAUTIFUL place! Here are just a few of the 200 pictures I took! God's creation is amazing :)




























7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rosalega flottar myndir. Enda var þessi dagur einn af fallegustu dögum ársins

9:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ætli ég noti ekki bara setningu hópsins míns og segi: "ég er sammála!"
Ordiliga fittar myndir :)

9:29 PM  
Blogger Dagný said...

vá hvað þetta eru flottar myndir!! þær eru æði! :)

10:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great pics and it looks like a good time was had by everyone.
I will be passing through Iceland soon on my way to England. I really should take the time to stop and visit.

12:43 PM  
Blogger John said...

Katrin,

I'm jealous! What a beautiful place you got to visit! I have a question...In the first photo everyone is in their sock feet. Any particular reason? Is this a cultural thing there? Here in the south we take our shoes off to go to bed, to go swimming, or if we're in a really relaxed mode. Just curious.

John

6:32 PM  
Blogger Paul said...

Wonderful pics, Katrín! And I also agree with Styrmir, Sólrún Ásta, Dagný (whatever they say) and of course with Mike (although I am not passing through Iceland) and John (because I'm a bit jealous too!)
;-)

@ John - if Iceland is a bit like Finland, they take off their shoes when they go into a house. Am I right, Katrín?

7:15 PM  
Blogger Katrín said...

Yes, you are right Paul. We usually take our shoes off when we are indoors, keeps the floors clean and dry ;)

-Katrin

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home