Friday, August 14, 2009

Short update from Lebanon!

It's about time I wrote something here!!

Now I've been in Lebanon for almost a month! These past 4 weeks I spent doing a Children's Day Camp called "Health & Fun" and yes, it was a lot of fun! There were about 50 kids in the camp, divided into 4 groups depending on their age. They had different activities like sports, games, arts and crafts, music, dance, aerobics, health awareness sessions and different outings. This was a very rewarding time for me because I absolutely love working with kids. I've had trouble posting pictures, so unfortunately I will not be able to post any here yet.

During my time here I have met some wonderful people from all over the world that I know will be my friends for life. We had a ICMDA camp last weekend (ICMDA = International Christian Medical and Dental Association) which was a lot of fun as well as being very beneficial to all of us. People from different cultures and countries gathering together because they share the same vision of serving God in their medical profession :) Such a huge blessing for me to be able to participate in this.

Anyways, I think that'll have to do for now. I just wanted to let everyone know that I LOVE MY LIFE! and I am having a blast here in Lebanon. The people here are very hospitable and welcoming. In a lot of ways it feels like home because the culture here is a bit of a mix between what I experienced growing up in Ethiopia and the culture and luxuries of Europe... if that makes any sense...

So... Have a great weekend everyone! I know I will :) Lots of love from Lebanon!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anna Lilja og Ragnhildur said...

Vá gaman að lesa og heyra frá þér frænka :) þetta hlýtur að vera alveg yndisleg upplifun! Guð blessi þig :)

9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home