Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Like a tree by a river...


“But blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose confidence is in him. He will be like a tree planted by the water that sends out its roots by the stream. It does not fear when heat comes; its leaves are always green. It has no worries in a year of drought and never fails to bear fruit.”
- Jeremiah 17:7-8

I want to be like that tree by the river. When the world around me gets hot and dry I still have my source of life from deep down in the soil... the river water reaches my roots and my leaves are green. The heat and drought can not dry me out because my nourishment doesn't come from the world that's seen around me, it lies hidden beneath the dried ground. You may not see it because the environment, so dry and hot, tells you differently, but it's there... Just look at the green leaves!

I'm planting my roots in Christ. He is the Water of Life. In lifes droughts and rough times I still have my source of life - God. He is my strength, my hope, my joy, my life, my everything.

I am hoping that my green leaves are visible to the world around me and that they point out that tere is a source of Life - eternal life.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dagný said...

Oh Katrín þú ert hetjan mín!
Þú ert svo æðisleg og það sem þú bloggar um er svo uppörvandi. Ég elska að lesa bloggið þitt, það gefur mér smá von að það verði ekki eins erfitt að koma heim eins og ég tel mér trú um :p
James 4:8(a)
Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you.
Love you! :)

3:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Takk Katrín,

ég þurfti virkilega á þessari uppbyggingu að halda. Þetta gefur mér styrk til að berjast gegn flensunni sem ég er búin að vera með í 2 vikur, ég ætla að fela þetta í Guðs hendur ekki reyna gera allt í eigin mætti.

Hlakka ýkt til þegar þú kemur í heimsókn
kveðja,
Tóta

11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home