Sunday, February 11, 2007

At the risk of embarassing myself...

So, at the risk of making a fool of myself I am still going to post this ;) I was listening to this song with some lyrics that I can relate to all too well... almost embarrassingly well. Valentine's day is coming up and "love is in the air", so please bear with me, I am allowed to be a bit cheezy. What am I talking about? Oh, just read on and you'll see. It all has a point to it though ;)

Waiting All My Life
Everybody needs it
Everybody wants it
Everybody's searching for someone
Been down a thousand highways
I never thought would end
Baby, I've been

Waiting all my life to find you
Always been one step behind you
Your love babe
I've been waiting all my life

I was tired of waiting
Every night was praying
Everyday would be the day I'd find you
I grew so impatient, how long would it take
To know you were out there somewhere
Somewhere waiting, wondering just like me

I've been waiting all my life to love you
All that time I was dreaming of you
Your love babe
I've been waiting all my life

And did I lose faith, did I lose heart
Maybe I did, but I never lost my way
To where you are...


Ok, so here's my confession. In all honesty I wouldn't mind to have met that "someone", in fact I long for that and wait with anticipation on what God has in store for me. The words that I can relate to all too well are these: "I was tired of waiting, Every night was praying... I grew so impatient, how long would it take? To know you were out there somewhere, Somewhere waiting, wondering just like me". Hahaha... reading this makes me laugh, but really - who doesn't long for love? I don't know anyone who can honestly say that.

Anyway, the beauty of it all is that if it is in God's plan for me to get married someday, He already has someone for me somewhere :) And knowing that makes me smile, because somewhere on this planet there is a soul who will be woven into my life sometime in the future. I don't know how it will happen or when, but I know that it is all in God's hands and that is all that matters! He is the Story Teller and I will allow Him to script this part of my life too, because with God in control, I can't go wrong! ;) In the meantime I will continue my adventure with God, allowing Him to sculpt me as a person, teach me and bring me closer to Him.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember, some of His greatest answers to your prayers are hidden in His silence. Then, when you least expect it.....

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home