Thursday, February 17, 2005

Evolution... theory or truth?!

School today was all about evolution... The teachers don't really talk about it as a theory, they talk about it as truth.

"Nothing in biology makes sense except in the light of evolution." (Dobzhansky)

That might be right, but I don't believe that everything just evolved from a soup of some kind! There are big gaps in the theory of evolution but still people manage to overlook them. How about the fact that life can't appear just in and out of itself. How in the world did life come around then? First there was no life then suddenly there was life? That does not make sense... People that believe that must have stronger faith than I do. I believe that there is a God who created this wonderful world we live in and gave life to all living creatures. Without Him there would be no life.

Anyways... I just find it a little hard sitting in lectures where evolution is the subject. Maybe because a lot of people think that Christians just believe in the creation blindly... without asking questions. In my case at least that's not true. I often ask questions. But I don't think I will get the answers,- simply because I don't think we are meant to understand everything. God is God and He is almighty... we can't possibly understand how He created this world. Did it happen in exaclty 7 days like it says in the Bible or is that more of an alligory/poem? I don't know. I think the main point is that "In the beginning GOD created the heavens and the earth." (Genesis 1:1)

These are just some thoughts that have been twirling round in my head today...

Take care!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katrin. Well put dear, well put.
--love ya, Amy

8:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home