Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Broken World



Promises shattered
Answers don't come
Friends say goodbye
Plans come undone
Dreams get crushed
Lies get told
Words can turn cruel
Hearts can grow cold

CHORUS
In a broken world where we cry to feel
Some hope that helps these hearts to heal
You're my strength, You're my refuge
In a broken world, Jesus I'm holding to You

You make sense of the madness
And You make darkness flee
You bring such a calm
To the chaos in me
Show me life
Tell me truth
Day after day I keep running to You

CHORUS

Long ago, we fell so far
Yet You came to where we are

CHORUS

We certainly live in a broken world... even my little world is broken. I have my struggles and my own mountains to climb. Things don't always go as I would want and it can be tough. Dreams are shattered, plans are torn, the heart breaks and it hurts. Anyone you ask will tell you they've experienced those things, it's "just life". At times like that, when everything seems broken and nothing makes sense, I don't know how I would get through the day if I didn't have God to lean on and to carry me. I have experienced times where my little world was nothing but a caos of a broken heart and shattered dreams, times where my struggles have overwhelmed me to the point of feeling completely defeated with no strength left to fight. It's at time like these that I have learned the most valuable lessons about my amazing Father in Heaven. I cry out in despair, and in a situation where everything seems impossible I suddenly become calm and have peace that is hard to explain. I am able to rest in His arms, because I know I can trust Him to carry me. Little by little the heart mends and sense is made of the madness. Light shines into the darkness again and life slowly "goes back to normal". I don't know how it would be to go through those valleys if I didn't have Jesus to cling to, it would be so much darker, so much harder with all the weight of my troubles resting solely on me. I am grateful that I have a Saviour who carries me and my troubles through tough times. It makes ALL the difference in my life. That is why I can have peace, even in the midst of the darkest, most violent storm in life.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, I have shed a tear of joy, in your honor. What a nice testament you have written...and are living.

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Another thing that I would like to mention: yes, He will carry you. But, also like the good Father He is, He will set you down and back away from you. And with so much love, He will drop to His knees and beg you to walk towards Him. If only because He knows you can do it. "Come to me, my child, please- come."

5:25 AM  
Blogger Paul said...

Hey Katrín! Hope you are looking forward to Chrismas just as much as we do over here in the Netherlands where it is cold and WHITE right now! Thanks for all your encouraging blog posts and comments. keep up the good work in 2008 and know that you are loved by the Source of LOVE: GOD, the Father of Christ our Saviour. Also know that the Spirit of the Lord will guide you and that we can say IMMANUEL - GOD IS WITH US - whatever the circumstances in our lives. Be blessed!

4:48 PM  
Blogger John said...

Katrin,

Just wanted to wish one of the bloggers I follow a Merry Christmas. It has been a joy to follow God's work in your life. Thanks for sharing through your blog. Be blessed in His coming!

John

9:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just wanted to wish you a very Merry Christmas

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home