Thursday, January 03, 2008

Here's to a fresh start! Happy New Year!

I like the concept of the New Year being a fresh start, a time to let go of the past and think ahead with an open mind and a clean slate... I happen to be able to start each and every day like that because of the forgiveness I have in Christ, and that is a wonderful thing. But there is still something special about New Years... I guess maybe because this one time a year almost everyone thinks of it as a fresh start. Sometimes it almost feels like the atmosphere has been cleaned, people let go of "the old" and look to the future with optimism. So with these words I want to wish you all a Happy New Year!

I hope and pray that this next year will be a good year with new adventures with God. I pray that He will lead me each and every step of the way and that I will not take any side steps. I yearn to feel the presense of God in a new way. I also pray that I will be able to lean on God 100% and trust in Him completely... I've ran into the wall too often because I started trusting in myself instead of God. I know from experience that when I trust in God I can rest because He is in charge and He knows where He is taking me :) So I'm starting this year with God in the driver's seat and myself in the passenger seat and hope to keep it that way :) I am ready to ride!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home