Friday, April 15, 2005

Driving drunk...

... people down town!
I went to the gym today and when my sister came to pick me up this lady stopped me, "can you drive us down town? Do you live in Reykjavík city?"
I sensed she was a little tipsy and had probably had a few drinks so I didn't want to offer her a ride... Maybe that was mean of me, but I'm not a big fan of driving drunk strangers anywhere. Anyways! I told her we lived close by and we were just going home... "I'm sorry," I said and walked towards the car.
She just went on: "We are waiting for the cab but it's not comming and I'm freazing! Please can you drive us? Please, please, please..."
"I'm sorry..."
"If you were in Norway I would drive you!" Bla, bla, bla...
Well, we ended up driving them down town! Her boyfreind was with her and both of them smelled of alcohol. They laughed about everything and were really loud. I just went with it and talked about what they talked about. Then suddenly the guy said: "If you want to come down tonw for drinks with us tonight you are welcome! If you are not comming to drink you can just stay at home, cause we're not going to sit and drink coffe and talk about religion." They both laughed and she said: "No, because that's boring!" Hmmm... they obviously did not know they sat in a car with two Christian girls! I thought it was quite funny!
I was thinking about telling them what I did last weekend. What would they have said if I told them: "Well, I spent the whole of last weekend talking and thinking about religion! I am a Christian, you see."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

O drunk people-- how silly!

I dont know what i would've done in your position. That is kind of funny that they said that about religion..

he he, well, what are you gonna do?
fun story, anyway.

bye- love- amy

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home