Monday, April 11, 2005

Weekend in Sweden!

I had a great time in Sweden! I took some pictures that you'll be able to see once I've made a web-album :o) I'm gonna try to do it really soon... like tonight if I can make it work ;o)

As I told you this was a conference for medical students from Scandinavia and the Baltic countries. There were about 35 of us there. We had teaching about different topics like: The challenges of being a Christian medical student/doctor; the challenges of Daniel; faith and science and lastly some of the students presented what their groups do at their school.

It was so fun to talk to all of them and see how we are all in a similar situation. Really encouraging! I am just on fire after this weekend! I wish we could have something similar here with a group of Christian medical students. These days opened my eyes to how important it is to have this network of people that are facing similar challenges and struggles. We as Christian medical students will face situations where our our faith plays a big role in ethical decisions. One simple example is the issue of abortion... I know it is legal here, but can I as a Christian sign a concent for abortion?

The answer to that question is simple as in many other situations we might face. The hard thing is to actually take that stand and put my faith into action. Will I be able to do that? It's kinda scary if you ask me.

So yeah, many thoughts like this one are twirling around in my head... What am I getting myslef into?! I'm just glad I don't have to take a single step by myself! I can do everything through Christ who gives me strenght! I just have to learn to trust a little more... What was it Johan said at Bible school: If you take care of God's reputation, He'll take care of yours!

Anyways! I'm not that troubled although it may seem like I am. The excitement is far more than any worries! I have so much to look forward to.

This fall, in October, there is going to be a conference for Christian medical students in Norway. It will be in Norwegian ofcourse, but it is open for any medical student who'd like to come! So if you are one of them you are welcome too ;o) I really want to go, so I'm going to see if I can make it work. Oh, and you know what?! Next summer (2006) there will be a huge international conference in Sydney, Australia! Wouldn't that be something! Man, I'd like to go! I've always wanted to go to Australia... and now I'd have an excuse! But that is just a dream right now... Money is the problem!

Well, this is getting too long! I'm going to stop now! I have a lot of unpacking to do anyway. Have a nice day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh vá! þetta hefur örugglega verið æðislegt! :)

Og komdu endilega til Sydney! Þá geturu hitt mig! :) jeij hehe

1:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home