Thursday, March 17, 2005

Communication

These days we in the first year of medical school are learning about communication... What is good communication and what is bad. What qualities do we need to have to be good at communicating? It's not a hard question to answer and there is not one right answer to it either. We all know what we look for in a person we like communicating with.

As I was reading a few verses in the Bible today this one stood out to me:
“ Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. ”
(Colossians 3:12)

Isn't that just a great answer to the question asked? I just thought it was a little funny that I read this verse today since we were listing most of those qualities in class this afternoon. It reminded me that the Bible has something to teach us in almost every situation. I have to admit that I sometimes forget that it is the LIVING WORD of God and just read it like any other book. But God has His way of reminding me that He does speak to me personally through the Bible. Countless times verses have jumped at me and spoken right into my situation. I am so thankful for that.

That's it for now! God bless!

1 Comments:

Blogger Dagný said...

Oh þetta er svo æðislegt vers!
Fyndið samt, þetta var dregið á KSF bænastund (fyrir fund) fyrir ekki svo löngu síðan og þetta talaði svo geðveikt mikið til mín.
Síðan daginn eftir fór ég með Skúla, Kjellrúnu og Hönnu í stykkishólm og ég og Hanna vorum eitthvað að spjalla í bílnum og þá kom í ljós að hún hafði dregið nákvæmlega sama vers um morguninn.

Og svo ert þú með þetta núna, magnað vers! :)

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home