Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Great words just when I need them ;)

Last night I had a lot on my mind... I was just thinking about different things... things that frustrate me, things or situations that are difficult and things I don't understand in life.

Before I went to bed I picked up my Bible. I have this box with small pieces of paper in it. Each piece has a different passage written on it. I picked a few pieces and the second one I looked up was Philippians 4:4-7. It says:

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
It was really powerful. Just the words I needed to hear. I'm not saying that I'm not frustrated or worried anymore. It's just so good to know that I don't have to carry my frustrations and worries all by myslef - I can bring everything to God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home