Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Need to remind myself...

When I feel like nothing is going the way it should/how I planned for or wanted, I need to remind myself of this:

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.
(Proverbs 19:21)

In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps.
(Proverbs 16:9)

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
(Jeremiah 29:11)

And since I seem to have a trust issue with my daddy in Heaven these days I need to read this, because I know that He's the one who can be trusted 100%:

5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;

6 in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight.
(Proverbs 3)

Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, LORD, have never forsaken those who seek you.
(Psalm 9:10)

Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.
(Psalm 37:4)

The next few verses I can relate to really well right now.

"22...But if you can do anything, take pity on us and help us."
23" 'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."
24Immediately the boy's father exclaimed, "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" (Mark 9:22-24)

So this is my prayer today:
"Father, please help me trust you with all my heart. I believe, but I need You to help me overcome my doubt and unbelief. Help me lay everything down at your feet and rest in the knowledge that your plans are higher than mine."

1 Comments:

Blogger Paul said...

Amen to that! It seems to me that we are asking an expecting something good from our Father - but He always has the BEST for us. You don't see it right away and sometimes he is testing your faith. His answer can be YES, his answer can be NO and his answer can be WAIT... And sometimes he clearly speaks in the silence. Trust the still small voice, the gentle whisper... (1 Kings 19:12). Blessings! Paul

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home